Featured Post

Daily Workload vs. Daily Motivation

Have you ever had those days? You know what kind of day I mean. When waking up in the morning usually brings about those dreadful feelings o...

Visit Our Sponser

Personal Development Category (English)468x60

Popular Articles

Tasks to Accomplish This Holiday Week

Looks like the holiday is upon us. 

For those of you out thee celebrating the 4th of July please take extra care to avoid heat exhaustion, sun-burn, or accidentally blowing off a finger with the fireworks. 

I'll be sitting home with a cold drink trying to get some work done. I might take some time to bring the family out to our local parade, until I melt. 

It's always great to take a little time off as well. But once that is done it's back to work. 

This week I have a few projects to get done and think I might do write ups for if anyone wants to see them add your comments below..

This week's tasks:

  1. Building a computer for our daughter. 
    1. As part of her educations I was going to let her help in the building process to put together a pc. Let here learn about the technology that goes into making a PC. Kids need to learn that not all computers are IPads.
  2. Getting daughter ready for summer programs.
    1. This year she is attending a 2 month long day camp. She is looking forward to it. At the age of 9 I hope she will enjoy it and not run into any problems. Kids in camps can be such a pain sometimes. You never know which ones will be "too rowdy". 
  3. Setup a NAS system:
      1. Been looking for a decent, viable, personal Data Management System (DMS) that I can use at home. After dozens of options I still haven't really found one I like. Tons of great products out there but none really appeal to me. Not entirely sure what I don't like about them, just nothing jumps out at me. If anyone has a must have suggestion let me know in the comments below. I would prefer Windows or Linux, Open source would be nice too.
  4. Another Niche project coming up for my wife. Looks like wifey is finally looking to start a non-traditional business. I love the Internet. You guys out there are awesome. 
      1. Without giving away the niche. Looks like I will have some work ahead of me to get her started in the right direction. 
      2. Brainstorming Ideas:
        1. Niche selection - already known (plus she has a passion for the industry, already has high level contacts in the field, been offered jobs in the field, and has a large potential following already. 
        2. Keywords - Will need to determine what she wants to specifically rank for within the niche. It can be highly lucrative, so buyers kw are great. This should be a fun project. 
        3. Viability study - The niche is gaining ground everyday. Tons of material, its evergreen as green can be. Tons of great products, material to write, and professionals to interact with and interview. 
        4. Pick a platform for website (most likely WordPress, we just love WP around here) ;)
        5. Design and layout. will have to find her several options for design of her new site. I like to take into account many factors. Such as imagery, color palette, fonts, you name it. 
        6. Domain name for the new site - This will likely be the hardest one to come up with. Already thinking of brandable names for this. But as it will be her project I will have to let her decide and see what we can come up with. 
        7. Content creation systems - Will have to decide how she wants to get content generated for the site in the beginning. Guest posters will likely be a great first option. With the contacts she has this should be relatively easy to accommodate. She's not the fastest typing (hey, me neither), but she will probably want something to use that is better then an IPhone keyboard. Sure phones are great for Twitter but who really want to write 5,000 word posts on a phone? This likely means putting together a computer for her as well. Perhaps she would prefer a laptop? will have to see what option she likes better.
        8. Pre and Post launch check lists will have to be created. This is always a great idea to have in place. How else will you know if you get it all done? my last website has taken several weeks to get hundreds of steps done. There are always a ton of minute tasks that come up during a new website / business. Better to flesh everything out. 
          1. A Pre-lauch list - I create a list of those options that must be done so that a site may launch. This means domain name for instance has to be in place before hosting, so it can be accessible. 
          2. Post-launch list - Just what you think. Stuff that can wait til after the site is live. This can be tons of stuff. New plugins, email address, forms, new pages, etc...
        9. Competitive analysis - will have to spend some time looking over the competition she will face in her chosen niche. One of my favorite task is finding sites that can be outranked using simple SEO tactics and great content. 
Well that should be enough to fill up most of my week. These are just the tasks that I added to my schedule recently. As always I will continue to write about and blog stuff, find useful links and suggestions for my readers, continue to read a little every day and continue to work on my own sites and business. Thank you all for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment