Featured Post

Daily Workload vs. Daily Motivation

Have you ever had those days? You know what kind of day I mean. When waking up in the morning usually brings about those dreadful feelings o...

Visit Our Sponser

Personal Development Category (English)468x60

Popular Articles

Shadow And Bone Trilogy Review

Shadow And Bone Trilogy Review

Ok, So I like to read a lot of books, but this series I had no intention to read, at first.

I just happen to be inside Barnes and Noble a few months back. I went in looking for scholastic books for our 9 year old daughter to work on over the summer vacation. After a few minutes of looking through the stacks I came across this book cover. 



The Shadow and Bone Trilogy Boxed Set: Shadow and Bone, Siege and Storm, Ruin and Rising
https://amzn.to/2M3Xtly
Shadow And Bone - GrishaVerse - Leigh Bardugo
So at first I thought, hmmmm, looks kind of interesting. Then I noticed there were two other books in the series. Again, I had no intention of buying or even looking at this book. 

A credit to Barnes and Noble end caps and associates as I just found myself drawn back to this book over the next several minutes. 

After taking a moment to read the back cover I thought that it might be a nice read and that I would grab it sometime down the road into the future. 

After all it reminded me of series that I love, such as Wheel of time series, or Tolkien, so I was intrigued at least, but was unsure if I was going to enjoy it. 

Well I ended up buying the first one. I don't think I put it down at all for the first 12 hours. Finished the book the next morning and bought the other 2 in the trilogy the next day. Took me only a few days to read them all. Roughly 400 pages in each book. 

This was by far one of the most enjoyable series I have read in almost 30 years. The last time I held on to a book this long in one sitting was Piers Anthony's Incarnations of Immortality series. 

This trilogy is one of my favorites and has pushed Leigh Bardugo onto the top of my authors to grab list. 

A wonderful series to say the least. Be prepared to sit still for a long time and keep reading. Great plot twists, well developed characters and packed full of adventure and even some romance. 

I look forward to grabbing the other two books in the GrishaVerse and will check out any other works by this author. 



No comments:

Post a Comment